Expand your community network with BDC
Founded in 2018, the Black Design Collective is comprised of accomplished fashion industry professionals-of-color who seek to amplify the influence of and create opportunities for the community of Black apparel and accessory designers and costume designers within the US and abroad. The BDC mission is rooted in the promotion of Scholarship, Mentorship, and Entrepreneurship within emerging generations of Black fashion design talent. Through this work, the BDC aims at ultimately fostering an independent and self-sustaining Black fashion community.
- Access to Black Design Collective’s resource directory
- Complimentary access to Black Design Collective’s Workshops and Seminars
- Discounts on Black Design Collective special events and merchandise
- The ability to promote individual events through Black Design Collective’s private Facebook group
- Access to affiliates in fashion-related services
- Opportunity to participate in Pop Up Showcases
- Quarterly Newsletters
- Access to members-only section of website
- Members-only meetings
Meet Your Founders
Ruth E. Carter – Award winning costume designer (Black Panther).
Angela Dean – Renown costume designer and stylist to the stars.
Kevan Hall – Responsible for taking the fashion house of Halston to the next level.
TJ Walker – Founding arm of mega urban brand, Cross Colours.
Become a member
For more information and application process, please visit:
Membership ends June 30, 2021 so do not delay!